We specialize in the repair of Succardo spindle motors, Succardo motors, and Succardo spindles. Our repairs will typically cost 1/2, or less than 1/2 the price of a new spindle. Plus, we upgrade the original non-sealed bearing design, to a sealed / shielded bearing design at all bearing locations. We keep bearings in stock for these motors to allow us to keep pace with our repair volume. Lead-time can be as short as 2-3 days.
- Disassembled and cleaned.
- Inspected dimensionally and visually.
- Quoted for repair.
- The rotor is assembled with new precision grade sealed / shielded ceramic bearings.
- Rotor taper is ground to true the taper, and/or the bearing journals are plated and re-ground to proper bearing tolerance and total indicated runout.
- As required, the lower, middle and upper bearing housings may be bored, bushed, and reground to proper concentricity and dimensional tolerance.
- The rotor is re-assembled and dynamically balanced.
- The rotor is installed in the housing.
- The unit is run tested for 5-10 hours with testing of vibration, temperature, and noise levels.
- The drawbar is tested to ensure proper locking of the tool holder and the unit is shipped.
Four factors are of primary importance when rebuilding a high speed router operating at 10,000 to 30,000 RPM.
- The condition of the machine before the rebuild along with accurately diagnosing any and all problems.
- Installing proper replacement parts including spindle grade bearings and parts with OEM tolerances that are known only to OEM’s such as Ekstrom-Carlson. We are not simply a machine shop or an electrical rewind shop.
- Precision tolerance machinery and tooling including grinding, plating and balancing equipment.
- Experience and quality workmanship of the repair technician.
At Ekstrom-Carlson, a complete factory rebuild includes a thorough inspection and a detailed repair quotation based on the supply of new parts from stock (when available). Comparison of parts to detailed prints, when required, ensures that no corners are cut. All spindle rotating elements are balanced to ISO G2.5 tolerances or better, the best in the industry. Re-balancing is critical, even on “simple bearing replacement repairs.”
New parts to original design specifications will be installed by our Service Technicians for complete unit responsibility.