With the introduction of firmware version 10, the ToolScope monitoring system has become a comprehensive assistance system for production machining. It includes a variety of apps which makes it easy for users to access and utilize the recorded machine, operating and process data.
ToolScope monitors and documents signals internal to the machine during the process, such as the torque of a spindle or the feed force of an axis. Furthermore, it also records results, such as tool changes or machine downtimes. In conjunction with knowledge of what are referred to as process identifiers, such as range, tool, batch number, etc., which are read from the control system, the software is able to provide process-related or tool-related documentation illustrating the average and maximum tool life in the form of candlestick charts, for example. Potential savings on tool costs can be determined from this in conjunction with a table about reasons for tool changes.
In order to offer independent added value to customers, we offer these apps which are easy to license and activate. These apps can be called up on the user interface and provide various services. Download the ToolScope flyer to view the apps and their various functions. For more information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call.Download the ToolScope Flyer
The latest generation-production assistance with ToolScope
Against a background of increasing automation and ever-increasing competitive pressure, the ability to monitor production processes is becoming more and more important – to cut down on rejects, avoid machine downtimes, identify and manage tool wear in series production and to guarantee delivery capacity for customers.
The ToolScope system is based on the latest technology in the field of process and machine monitoring. Using a special, patented method for statistical process monitoring, it is possible to not only monitor tool breakage, but also to achieve significantly lower process deviations with immediate effect. As a result, the system provides a method for quality control never seen before, in addition to the usual methods of process monitoring.
Benefits for you:
- Wide network of KOMET® tool and process experts, which can support the operation of the system
- Online visualization of the process (oscilloscope function) to support the set-up procedure, e.g. in order to promptly detect the jamming of chips
- Six Sigma Strategy: statistical process verification and process quality monitoring
- Dynamic Monitoring Module: Process monitoring for small batch runs which alleviates the need for a learning period
- Adaptive Control (AC) Module: Optimization of the essential operating time through process acceleration for tools that are underused, and speed reduction for tools that are overused
- Measuring without (additional) sensors: The sensor data is read directly from the CNC via Profibus or TCP/IP
- Automatic documentation of the process data as a PDF, PNG or Excel file
- Monitoring for tool wear and missing tool
- Monitoring of any and all possible sensor signals
- Evaluating analog sensor signals with up to 10 kHz
- Monitoring of the vibration behavior of bearings, axles, spindles, and tools
- Operation via the machine control system HMI or using a touchscreen
- Modular program structure enables the optimal adjustment to customer needs
- Many additional modules like chatter recognition and control, Condition Monitoring, Energy Monitoring etc.