New Spindle Motors, Arbor Motors, Custom Motors
High performance, best in quality & service
Typically, these are used in the woodworking, plastics, and metal working industries. They can, however, be used in various applications across several industries.
High performance, best in quality, service, made in Italy – stocked, modified to need, and supported from Rockford, Illinois by our expert technical staff.
We offer several different types of motors (spindle motors, router motors, saw motors, custom arbor shaft motors), made in Italy (we have been selling these best in quality motors since 2003 and will not consider offering any other motor) but serviced, stocked, supported, and modified at our facility in Rockford, Illinois, for various applications. Ekstrom also repairs all make / model spindles, routers, motors, and aggregate millling heads. Typically, these are used in the woodworking, plastics, and metal working industries. They can, however, be used in various applications across several industries. This includes Fimec motors. Contact us at email@example.com for a fast quote.
Need more info on our motors – Contact us today:
- High speed spindle router motors, made in Italy but serviced, stocked, supported, and modified at our facility in Rockford, Illinois, (to 24000 RPM and higher) with manual collet / nut. We can modify the shaft of these motors also to meet your needs.
- High speed spindle router motors (to 24000 RPM and higher) with automatic ISO 30 / HSK63F tool change spindle.
- Router motor packages (to 24000 RPM) called Motorpacks. Motorpacks offer the complete package to get started, excluding wires and labor.
- Fimec saw motors, shaper motors, compact blower motors, compact pump motors, tenoner motors, compact special shaft motors (to 7200 RPM). We are the exclusive dealer for Fimec Motors in North America.
- Spindle arbor motors with HSK63C tool interface utilizing an allen wrench to activate tool holder (to 7200 RPM).
- StoneCutter Saws – Compact motors for stone and glass cutting. Contact us for pricing and details.
- High Speed / High Frequency Custom Motors – For test stands and other purposes. Contact us for pricing and details.
- A very competitive price.
- Our motor packages including the motor, variable frequency drive, collet, nut, and 3 phase reactor, are the most competitive in the industry.
- High torque design with higher horsepower in a smaller frame than other competing motors.
- Superior quality copper rotor.
- A superior cooling fan design. Minimum working temperatures providing superior bearing life.
- Lower load loss and absorbed current for increased energy savings.
- Dynamically balanced rotor to ISO tolerances.
- Sealed for life ABEC 7 spindle grade bearings. Normally 3-4 bearings per motor.
- Spindle speeds to maximum 24,000 RPM. Minimum recommended speed of 7000 RPM. Motors have been used at slower speeds with external cooling fan.
- IP50 is standard protecting from dust. IP55 Enclosure available as an option as shown in the picture above with air purge tubing. No warranty for moisture proof is provided, however, as we cannot be certain the motor is always receiving dry air purge. See details on enclosure ratings.
- We are stocking some motors at 230V and some motors at 380V. A 460 VAC drive can operate both voltage options. A 230 VAC drive can operate the 230V motors. We can provide drives that accept 220VAC / 1 Ph to output 220VAC / 3Ph to our motors up to 5 HP. We can provide drives that accept 110VAC / 1Ph to output 220VAC / 3Ph to our motors up to 1.5 HP.
- All motors, except for Model SM-CAF46, incorporate dual angular contact thrust bearings at the tool area for higher thrust load capability.
- Labyrinth sealing arrangement add to to the bearing protection provide by the sealed bearings.
- Left hand thread rotation (often used to prevent product from “tearing” during cutting process), is available on the SM-C54.
- SAWM models are high speed saw arbor design motors, complete with saw flanges and nut.
|Spindle Motor Model||Max Horsepower||Max. Speed (RPM)||Maximum Collet Size||Approximate Dimensions||Weight (lb)|
|SM-CAF46||0.19||20000||1/4″||53mm dia x 135mm OAL|
|SM-C43E*(Stock)||0.70||24000||1/4″||2.5”W x 1.9”T x 8.5”L||4.4|
|SM2-C54*(Stock)SM-C54 LHT||1.34||24000||1/2″||2.5”W x 3.2”T x 9.7”L (Available also in left hand thread version)||8.8|
|SAWM-C54*(Stock)||1.34||24000||Saw Blade Design||2.5”W x 3.2”T x 9.7”L||8.8|
|SM2-C73*(Stock)||2||18000||5/8″||3.2”W x 3.6”T x 10.2”L||15|
|SM2-C74*(Stock)||2.68||24000||5/8″||3.2”W x 3.6”T x 10.2”L||15|
|100mm OD, 3HP Liquid Cooled||3.00||40000||1/2″||100mm OD, 220 or 380VACC|
|SM2-C78*(Stock)||4||18000||5/8″||3.2”W x 3.6”T x 12.9”L (Available also in left hand thread version)||20|
|SM2-C79*(Stock)||4||24000||5/8″||3.2”W x 3.6”T x 12.9”L||20|
|SM2-C93*(Stock)||6||18000||3/4″||3.2”W x 4.7”T x 13.0”L||29|
|SM2-C94*(Stock)||6||24000||3/4″||3.2”W x 4.7”T x 13.0”L||29|
|SM2-C98*(Stock)||8||18000||3/4″||3.2”W x 4.7”T x 14.6”L||35|
|SM2-C99*(Stock)||7.4||24000||3/4″||3.2”W x 4.7”T x 14.6”L||35|
|SM-C12.7 220V||12.7||18000||1″||5.7 x6.87 x 18.54 L|
|Contact us for motors between these HP’s|
|SM-C122*(Stock)||16-18||18000 (380V / 600Hz)||1″||6.9”W x 5.7”T x 17.9”L||66.1|
SpindleMax Benefits include:
- Designed and made in Italy but serviced, stocked, supported, and modified at our facility in Rockford, Illinois.
- ISO30 or HSK63F automatic tool change spindles are the typical designs. CAT, BT and Solid Shaft Designs are available upon request.
- S1 Continuous Duty Cycle. Ratings also available for S6 intermittent duty.
- Review our Motorpacks which include the motor, variable frequency drive, toolholder, and 3 phase reactor. Our package offers a very competitive alternative.
- Standard external cooling fan. Water cooled motors are also available.
- Dynamically balanced rotor to ISO G2.5 tolerances.
- Sealed for life ABEC 7/9 spindle grade ceramic or steel ball bearings, depending on speed requirements. 4 bearings per motor.
- Spindle speeds to maximum 24,000 RPM are standard.
- Labyrinth sealing arrangement adds to the bearing protection provided by the sealed bearings.
- Various performance characteristics are available. If you require a different performance let us know.
|Spindle Motor Model||Max HP||Max. Speed (RPM)||Spindle Design||Cooling||Weight (lb)|
|SpindleMax 5 – IMP Fan Cooled||5||24000||ISO30||Fan||48 lb|
|In Stock: SpindleMax 7.5 HSK63F-IMP LN||7.5||24000||HSK63F||Fan||73 lb|
|SpindleMax 10 – IMP Fan Cooled||10||24000||HSK63F||Fan||73 lb|
|H80L4SE||4.8||1200 to 3600||HSK63C||Fan||85 lb|
|H100S4SE||12||1200 to 3600||HSK63C||Fan||135 lb|
|H80Sb2Se||4.8||2400 to 7200||HSK63C||Fan||60 lb|
|H80L2Se||9||2400 to 7200||HSK63C||Fan||85 lb|
|H90L2Se||12||2400 to 7200||HSK63C||Fan||105 lb|
***Note – HSK63C is tool change via an allen wrench is the side of the spindle nose to release and lock in the toolholder.
Need a complete router package with router, collet, nut, wrenches, drive, and reactor? We can offer the complete package and advise simple instructions for start-up. The below “Motorpacks” include the spindle motor, 230V variable speed drive, one collet, one nut, 2 wrenches, and a 3 phase reactor to smooth the voltage curve to the motor, improve the operating efficiency, increase drive system reliability, reduce harmonics, filter power line disturbances, reduce surge currents, reduce dv/dt, extend transistor life, reduce motor noise and temperature, improve true power factor, and increase motor life. See details on motors.
|Package Number||Spindle Motor Model||HP||Max. Speed (RPM)||Maximum Collet Size||230V / 3 Phase Input Drive||Package Price|
|Motorpack 1b||SM-CAF46||0.19||20000||1/4″||RSF210V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 1a||SM-C43E||0.7||24000||1/4″||RSF210V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 3||SM2-C54||1.34||24000||1/2″||RSF215V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 3b||SAWM2-C54||1.34||24000||Saw Arb||RS215V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 4||SM2-C73||2||18000||5/8″||RSF230V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 5||SM2-C78||4||18000||5/8″||RSF250V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 5a||SM2-C79||4||24000||5/8″||RSF250V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 6||SM2-C93||6||18000||3/4″||RSF275V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 7||SM2-C98||8||18000||3/4″||RSF2100V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 7b||SM2-C99||7.4||24000||3/4″||RSF2100V or=||Contact Us|
|Contact us for Motorpacks between these HP’s.|
|Motorpack 8||SM-C122, 380V, 600Hz only||16||18000||1.00″||RSF2200V or=||Contact Us|
|Automatic Tool Change MotorPacks – You Can Specify Spindle Nose Options (ISO 30, HSK, etc…)|
|Motorpack 9b||SpindleMax 5-IMP – Fan cool||5||24000||ISO30 ATC||RSF250V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 9e||SpindleMax 10-IMP – Fan cool||10||24000||HSK63F ATC||RSF2100V or=||Contact Us|
|Motorpack 9f||SpindleMax 15-IMP – Fan cool||15||24000||HSK63F ATC||RSF2150V or=||Contact Us|
- Lead-time will typically be stock, but is subject to change, depending upon availability.
- Pricing is subject to change without notice. Please contact us to confirm pricing with your order.
- Specify collet size at time of order. Collet sets can be purchased as well.
- If a remote keypad with a 10 foot cord, the price is $130.00.
- Verify input to drive is 208V to 240V / 3 Phase. Drives to accept 120V (to 1.5 HP) 208V to 240V / 1 Phase, and output 3 phase to the motor, are available at an additional price of $25 to $125, depending upon size. 400V to 480V / 3 Phase Input Drives are available at an additional price of $0 to $125. 480V to 590V / 3 Phase Input Drives are available at an additional price, depending upon size.
Available to the arbor motor product line – HSK63C Automatic Tool Change with an Allen Wrench at the Spindle Nose. Available on Models H71c2Se, H80Sb2Se, and H90S2Se with speed capabilities between 1800 RPM and 7200 RPM.
|SE Frames, 3 Phase||from H48 to H100|
|SE Powers, 3 PhaseSAWM Spindle Saw Motors||2 to 18HP0.4 to 1.34HP high speed saw motors|
|Available Speeds||*2 Poles (2800 RPM at 50 Hz, 3600 RPM at 60 Hz)*4 Poles (1400 RPM at 50 Hz, 1800 RPM at 60 Hz)*To 7200 RPM with Inverter, Standard, See SMC122ArborMotor for 18HP, Max 12000 RPM at 400Hz, 380V Special 1.25″ x 6″ shaft*Special SAWM2-C54 motors for speeds from 7000 to 24000 RPM, Variable Speed Drive required.|
|Options||*Saw MotorPacks complete with Variable Speed Drive for 7200 RPM or less operation to provide you with the flexibility of varying the motor speed for optimum cutting performance.*No Brake*Pneumatic Brake – Fimec® patented for H80 and H100 frames. Brakes not meant for high cycling.*DC Electric Brake – for all frames. Brakes not meant for high cycling.*Left or Right Hand Threaded Shaft.*Special shaft to fit your needs*Oversized, or dual angular contact thrust bearing, at tool end*Customer Specified Shaft Design or HSK63C for Shaper, Tenoner, Moulders, etc….*Various Terminal Box Locations*Wet Spray Application Protection IP55 with Air Purge Pressurized Housing|
|Voltage / Frequency||We stock motors at 230V Delta / 460V Star / 3Ph / 60 Hz. These motors also work for:220/380V 50hz230/400V 50hz240/415V 50hz264/460V 60hz276/480V 60hz290/500V 60hz|
|Protection||IP54 Standard, IP55 Water Spray Duty Optional with Air Purge. Warranty does not apply for water proofing. See details on enclosure descriptions.|
|Service||S1 continuous duty, S3 intermittent periodic duty or S6 continuous operation periodic duty|
Fimec saw motors, manufacturing only high performance saw motors in Italy with the best components since 1956, offer a high horsepower in a compact size, making it the ideal motor for saw arbor applications . The housing is an extruded light alloy flat housing and the rotor is a pressure aluminum die cast cage design. Motors are balanced with a half key installed on the shaft extension. The stator is wound with Class H copper conductor insulation. Standard bearings are single row deep grooved, shielded for protection, and greased for life. (Exceptions include the SAWM-C54 and special arbor motors with duplex angular contact bearings in the front end). See below for approximate dimensions and model numbers. **Stock shaft diameters in the United States are typically 1.00 Inch for all motors other than H48, SAWM-C54, which are 5/8″.. Special shafts, with different lengths or larger diameters, HSK63C and for some models, are available in 3-5 weeks from Italy, and 1-3 weeks from Rockford, IL (for the H71c2Se, H80Sb2Se, and H90S2Se). HSK63F, ISO, CAT, and BT spindle nose models are available in our SpindleMax Automatic Tool Change Line.
|Arbor Motor Model||Horsepower||Speed (RPM)||Approximate Dimensions||Weight (lb)|
|SAWM2-C54, VFD required||0.4 to 1.34||7000 – 24000||2.5″x3.2″x9.7″ (5/8″ Dia shaft)||8.8|
|H487A048080, 230V / 1Phase||0.90 HP, S3, 40% duty cycle||3600 RPM (Not suited for VFD)||4.4″ dia including fan cover, 9.37″ long, Foot Mounted, wire leads, 5/8″ diameter shaft with saw flanges||8.5|
|H509A050090, 230V / 1Phase||1.04 HP, S3, 40% duty cycle||3600 RPM (Not suited for VFD)||4″ x 4″ x 9″ OAL (dims exclude terminal box), Front Flange Mounted, 5/8″ diameter shaft with saw flanges||12.6|
|H48S2SE*(Stock) (SawMotorpack1)||1.75 HP, 5A at 230V, 2.5A at 460V||3450 to 7200 RPM||3.75″x4.5″x13.5″ (5/8″ Dia shaft, keyed flanges allow rotation either direction without having to use a different thread rotation)||20|
|H48L2SE*(Stock) (SawMotorpack2)||2.75 HP||3450 to 7200 RPM||3.75″x4.5×15″, (5/8″ Dia shaft, keyed flanges allow rotation either direction without having to use a different thread rotation, but RHT and LHT available)||25|
|H71a2SE*(Stock) (SawMotorpack3)||2.4||3450 to 7200 RPM||5.1” x 5.1” x 16.5” Also stocked with a and DC brake||36.4|
|H71c2SE*(Stock) (SawMotorpack4)Available HSK63C||3.6||3450 to 7200 RPM||5.1” x 5.1” x 16.5”||46.3|
|H80SB4Se, 3.5 HPH80L4Se, 4.8HP||
|1750 to 3600 RPM, 4 pole motor||5.9” x 5.9” x 19.8”||77.2|
|H80Sb2SE *(Stock)||4.8||3450 to 7200 RPM||5.9″ x 5.9″ x 16.6″||55|
|H80M2SE*(Stock)(SawMotorpack7)||6.6||3450 to 7200 RPM||5.9” x 5.9” x 20”||61.7|
|H80Mc2SE SPEC001*(Stock)(SawMotorpack9)||7.2||3450 to 7200 RPM||Special 30mm dia shaft with saw flanges for IP55||77.2|
|H80L2SE*(Stock)(SawMotorpack10)||9||3450 to 7200 RPM||5.9” x 5.9” x 19.8”||77.2|
|H80L2SE SPEC001(SawMotorpack11)||9||3450 to 7200 RPM||Special 1.25″ Tool Dia x 5.00″ Long Shaft w/RHTMOTOR H80L SPEC001 Drawing||85|
|H80L2SE SPEC002(SawMotorpack12)||9||3450 to 7200 RPM||Special double front bearing 40mm Tool Dia x220mm Long Shaft with RHT and key on shaft to allow either rotation direction, no flanges included as standard||90|
|H80L2SE SPEC003||9||3450 to 7200 RPM||Special double front bearing 40mm Tool Dia x120mm Long Shaft with RHT and key on shaft to allow either rotation direction, no flanges included as standard||90|
|H80L2SE SPEC004||9||3450 to 7200 RPM||Special double front bearing 40mm Tool Dia x65mm Long Shaft with RHT and key on shaft to allow either rotation direction, no flanges included as standard||90|
|H80L2SE SPEC005||9||3450 to 7200 RPM||Special 1.25″ Tool Dia x 6.00″ Long Shaft w/RHT OD and LHT ID for rotation in either direction.||85|
|H90S2SE Available HSK63C||9||3450 to 7200 RPM||6.5” x 6.5” x 21.1”||88.2|
|H90L2SE||12||3450 to 7200 RPM||6.5” x 6.5” x 23.8”||101.4|
|H100S2SE||15||3450 to 7200 RPM||7.4” x 7.4” x 22.6”||132.3|
|H100L2SE||18||3450 to 7200 RPM||7.4” x 7.4” x 24.6”||149.9|
|H100S4SE(SawMotorpack14)||12||1750||7.4” x 7.4” x 22.6”||132.3|
|SMC122ArborMotor driven with VFD only||18 at 380V||6000 (200HZ) to 12000 at 400Hz, 380V||7″ x 5.7″ x 24″ with shaft||75|
Motors are available in 3 phase (SE) and 1 phase (0.9 and 1.04HP) design. Single phase motors are equipped with a run capacitor permanently turned on and connected to the auxiliary winding for starting. Saw motors are typically supplied with a left or right hand threaded shaft, nut and flanges. Other options are available upon request. Many of our motors use a custom extended solid shaft for use as shaper, moulder, or tenoner motor for tool locking with a hydrotool or locking nut. Lead-times of 1-5 weeks can be accomplished for motors with shaft modifications. Depending on the motor, the terminal box can be positioned near the exit shaft (standard on right side), near the fan cover, or on the top of the motor. It can also be rotated in steps of 90° in order to provide cable entry from different directions. Motors manufactured with a pneumatic brake (available in the H80 and H100 frame) are equipped, at the rear shield, with a pneumatically operated annular piston working against a spring-loaded friction disk. The benefits of this design include varying brake torque by air pressure adjustment, a constant brake force, long life with no electric brake windings, and a higher braking power than dc electric brakes. An electric valve is required to control air supply to the brake. Brakes not meant for high cycling and not covered under warranty. Motors manufactured with a dc electric security brake (available in all frames) are well suited for cutting safety stops. The brake can be wired separately of directly from the motor terminal box connected to a high quality rectifier. Brakes not meant for high cycling and are not covered under warranty. **Data above may not be applicable to all motors. Contact us for details on your specific need.
What Makes Ekstrom Carlson Better?
Lead repair technicians and management have 10+ years of expertise repairing spindles, live tools and aggregate heads
We are certified ISO 9001 with precision procedures that lead to consistant quality for our customers.
We use state-of-the-art balancing equipment that ensures your repair is done right the first time.
We repairs all makes & models. If it is broken, we can (and have) fixed it. Seriously – ALL Makes & Models!
Assemply of your tool is completed in a segregated clean room to ensure a perfect repair every single time.
Our experienced management team is involved in assembly, testing, and troubleshooting all unites during the repair process.
Your tool will be run through functional testing to ensure its ready for action before we ship it back to you.
We make our own replacement parts in house including milling, turning, ID/OD grinding, bushing, grinding, straightening, polishing and lapping.
We have competitive pricing that you can afford. Better than OEMS and other repair centers. Same or better service, lower prices.
We have quick lead times as standard. Need it even faster? We can even expedite your order if necessary.
Made in USA
All our repairs are performed in house at Ekstrom Carlson in Rockford, IL. We never ship out a repair overseas.
Our owners and managers are involved in the business to make sure all our customers get the best personal service available.
Spindle Repair – All Makes & Models
Utilizing our past experience as an original equipment spindle and spindle motor manufacturer , we provide spindle repair and upgrade services that are competitive and timely. Is your multi-spindle boring head or aggregate head under-performing? We can repair it for you in a timely and low cost fashion to get you back up and running. We will save you money on point to point and CNC router station repairs.