We specialize in the repair of Benz right angle drills, Benz right angle milling heads, Benz variable angle head, Benz aggregates, and various Benz tooling units. Our repairs will typically cost 1/2, or less than 1/2 the price of a new live tool. Plus, we can upgrade the original non-sealed bearing design, to a sealed / shielded bearing design at all bearing locations. We keep bearings in stock for these live tools to allow us to keep pace with our repair volume. Lead-time can be as short as 2-3 days.
Benz Live Tool Repair Quotes
- The spindle journal diameters show no appreciable wear and are acceptable for proper bearing fits.
- The housing is worn where the bearing sits on the drive shaft. We recommend boring and bushing the housing.
- The taper runout is acceptable. Our proposal provides no repair to the spindle taper.
- The bearings show some wear on the inner and outer diameters.
- The gears are in good shape and show little wear.
- The unit will be assembled and tested.
- Most live tools exceeding 0.001″ runout are due, or almost due, for a repair. 0.0008″ or less is the target runout for a live tool.
- Live tools like to rest as long as they cycle at full speed or maximum load. 5 minutes is a typical maximum run time followed by a 5 minute rest.
- 150 to 160F temperatures are common when running at full load.
Why should you have your multi-spindle boring head, high speed right angle head, or other aggregate head, repaired by Ekstrom-Carlson?
- Lead-time: 1-2 Week average for multi-spindle heads, including tear down, inspection, quotation, and repair. 3-5 days for right angle heads and live tooling repairs.
- Price: Much lower price than the OEM, or the OEM distributor.
- USA repair: We repair the unit in Rockford, Illinois. It is not shipped overseas, as is often the case for various machines.
- Parts repair: Where possible, we will save money by repairing motor spindles and gear spindle shafts. Some manufacturer’s representatives will always quote a brand new unit if the unit drive shaft is damaged, or if the bearings require replacement. 75% of the time, we can save the original unit at less than 50% the cost of new.
- Sealed bearings when available and possible conversion to ceramic bearings.
- Free inspections.
Including Benz aggregate tool ® , Morari aggregate tool, Busellato aggregate tool, Big Kaiser milling heads, Biesse drill head, , live tools and driven tools for Mazak live tooling, Mori Seiki live tooling, Hitachi Seiki live tooling, Citizen live tooling,Volstro heads, Star live tooling, Nakamura Tome live tooling, Haas live tooling, Okuma live tooling, HSD Spindle Head Repairs, Romai live tooling, Romi live tooling, Alberti Gerardi live tooling, Parlec live tooling, Miyano live tooling, Gildmeister live tooling, Index live tooling, Traub live tooling, WTO live tooling, OMG live tooling, Koma Precision live tooling, Eppinger live tooling, Gerardi live tooling, Emco Meyer tooling , as well as various other Tools, Live Tools, Tooling, and Driven Tools.
- Disassembled and cleaned.
- Inspected dimensionally and visually.
- Quoted for repair.
- The spindles are assembled with new precision grade sealed / shielded bearings.
- If necessary, the spindle is ground to true the taper, and / or the bearing journals are plated and re-ground to proper bearing tolerance and total indicated runout.
- As required, the lower, middle and upper bearing housings may be bored, bushed, and reground to proper concentricity and dimensional tolerance.
- The spindles are re-assembled.
- The spindles are installed in the housing.
- The unit is run tested for 5-10 hours with testing of vibration, temperature, and noise levels
- The condition of the machine before the rebuild along with accurately diagnosing any and all problems.
- Installing proper replacement parts including spindle grade bearings and parts with OEM tolerances that are known only to OEM’s such as Ekstrom-Carlson.
- Precision tolerance machinery and tooling including grinding, plating and balancing equipment.
- Experience and quality workmanship of the repair technician.